Bungalow Beach: Awards and Recognition
- Featured in Orange Appeal, “Anna Maria Island: Celebrating Past and Present” by Kate Ashby, September/October 2011
- “nestled amongst the white-sand dunes, sea oats and swaying coconut palms of Anna Maria Island”. Lynn Mozena from PBG (Palm Beach Gardens) Lifestyle Magazine. 12,000 circulation. July, 2010
- One very enchanting resort set in an attractive location is Bungalow Beach Resort” – The Fisherman Magazine, The Travel Log/The Island of Anna Maria, January 14, 2010
- Highlighted resort in- Travel “Sweeps” Giveaway, “O” The Oprah Magazine & www.vacationfun.com March, 2009 & 2010
- “For a more ‘a place of our own’ in Bradenton Beach has 15 bungalows, sleeping from two to eight, that combine simplicity and cosy comforts with romantic charm”. Featured Weekly Best Women’s Magazine | UK Magazine Pat Richardson, Travel Writer – February, 2009
- “Anna Maria Island is home to the 1930s-style Bungalow Beach Resort. … HONEYMOON HOT SPOT Bungalow Beach Resort The bottom line BA Holidays offers a …” Cosmo Bride UK – Mar 28, 2008
- Featured as one of two hotels to visit in the United States by German Travel and Tourism Industry in American Journal. by Holger Jacobs “Charme Im Holzhaus” – Leading German magazine for travelers. January, 2008
- Featured in the November 2007 issue of FVW – The Magazine for the German Travel and Tourism Industry Read the article here: (In German).
- “Old Island Charm” –”Arriving at the Bungalow Beach Resort on Anna Maria Island changes your mood almost immediately”. Featured Article in Scene Magazine June, 2007
- “A smaller yet just as appealing resort rests on the sands of Bradenton Beach at Bungalow Beach Resort. Imagine this, impeccably resorted bungalows nestled among coconut palms and white sand dunes with sea oats right on the beach.” Featured in the issue of Florida Secrets, Spring 2007
- “Relax in a beachside retreat — The Bungalow Beach Resort is a beautifully restored complex of 1930′s beach bungalows…” “Just Back from Anna Maria Island” Featured in Island Magazine, September 30, 2006
- Featured in the Odyssey Magazine, Magazine of the Chevron Travel Club. “Anna Maria Island – The Essential Beach Experience.”, Summer 2006
- Featured in the Issue of Harbor Style Magazine. Charlotte County Florida’s Premiere Lifestyle Magazine, September 2005
- Listed in the issue of Family Circle Magazine for Florida Summer Travel Bargains, April 2005
- Steve Millburg described the resort as, “A cluster of vintage cottages with contemporary amenities, right on the shore. Guests feel like pampered castaways.” Coastal Living Magazine – July/August 2003
- Featured in Cross Country as the Inn of the Month “Need some sunshine” Grab your flip-flops and head to Anna Maria Island’s Bungalow Beach resort, on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Set amid coconut palms and”, by Lynne Konstantin. Country Living Magazine, January 2002
- “Mark and Cari Campbell (high bidders during the live auction for a weekend getaway to the Bungalow Beach Resort on Anna Maria Island” – Florida West – May 20, 2001
- “The Answer is Anna Maria”, Southern Living Magazine, August 1999
- “New Ratings for Lodging”, Southern Living Magazine, May 1998
- As long as you’re getting married on the beach, why not stay at this award-winning boutique hotel directly on the beach? Anna Maria Island Sun -Wedding Pages, June 2012
- “Super Soaking,” The article stated, “The free trolley plows through flooded streets.” Anna Maria Island Sun, May 23, 2012.
- Featured in The Boston Globe, Anna Maria Island: Low-Key pleasures rule on this slice of Old Florida, February 5, 2012
- “NO BETTER place anywhere than your place there”. Featured Article – Terri, Today’s Restaurant News for Florida and Texas, September, 2009
- “Holiday Lights,” Won honorable mention for Christmas lights. The article stated , “Beautiful and Blue.” Islander Newspaper, December 30, 2009.
- “Anna Maria Island is home to the 1930’s-style Bungalow Beach Resort…Honeymoon Hot Spot Bungalow Beach Resort” – Cosmo Bridge UK – March 28, 2008
- “I came in search of paradise and found it a haven,” a tourist from England had written in the guestbook at Bungalow Beach Resort. Philadelphia Enquirer – Nov. 4, 2007
- “Slow-start season ends strong” featuring headlines picture of General Manager Jason Luper at Bungalow Beach Resort, Sarasota Herald Tribune, May 22, 2007
- GOING TO SPRING TRAINING –-Bungalow Beach Resort, 2000 Gulf Dr. N., Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island; 800-779-3601 or 941-778- 3600; www.bungalowbeach.com. Fifteen romantic rooms or … , Miami Herald, Feb 18, 2007
- Refurbished 1930’s bungalows on gulf beach “Deals of the Week” – Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 02/04/2007
- “Package deals put beach within reach” SPECIAL FLORIDA SECTION: Bungalow Beach Resort, refurbished 1930s bungalows on the gulf beach, offers a 10 percent discount off your entire stay and a complimentary bottle of wine … Atlanta Journal Constitution, January 21, 2007
- “Gulf Coast Island features sunsets and Serenity: Anna Maria Island Enchants visitors with its laid-back ambience.” – Where to stay: Bungalow Beach Resort Duluth News Tribune – Dec.31, 2006
- “I came in search of paradise and found it a haven,” a tourist from England had written in the guestbook at Bungalow Beach Resort” –‘Gulf Coast Island of Anna Maria Harkens Back to a Gentler Era” – The Press of Atlantic City – & Miami Herald – August 6, 2006
- Featured as one of 5 fab Florida weekends “Quiet Hideway” -in the Miami Herald, Aug. 6, 2006
- “The Bungalow Beach Resort – a collection of 1930s-style white, weather-boarded bungalows on a private powdery beach – is in keeping with the area’s Olde Worlde charm.” “Joanne Layton Fallls in Love”
UK – The Daily Mirror – Feb 5, 2005
- “Mike Werfel and his assistant Shawn Kooi photograph a group of young models Thursday afternoon behind the Bungalow Beach Resort in Bradenton” –”It’s a Touch Job, But…” – Bradenton Herald –January 7, 2005
- “Properties like Bungalow Beach Resort” – “Lodging Rates for Anna Maria Island, Fla” –Bradenton Herald –September 20, 2003.
- “Each house was a white painted bungalow meticulously restored to its 1930′s glory.” United Kingdom Newspaper The Daily Mail, August, 23 2003 (circulation 2,465,732)
- “The Bungalow Beach Resort in Bradenton Beach has released a video tour of the inn on its Web..The video highlights the grounds at Bungalow Beach Resort in Bradenton”..”January Deals at Great Places” – PalmBeach Post – January 13, 2003
- “Vows & Wows” , Travel Writer Linda Lange recommends Bungalow Beach Resort, Knoxville News-Sentinel July 29, 2001
- Recommends Bungalow Beach as “Classic 1930′s Island Style Resort” American Express Newsletter March 31, 2001
- “Southwest Florida shows its good side”, Travel Writer Eileen Kelley, Sarasota Herald Tribune June 18, 2001
- Included in “Gulf Islands awash with charm, Old Florida feel” – Miami Herald, October 3, 1999
- Winner “Certificate of Excellence 4.5 Rating” Award Traveler’s Tripadvisor.com – 45MM Reviews May 2012 “Our travelers consistently commend your property with the highest praise, and we recognize your 4.5 rating as an exceptional achievement. Only the very best in the business are awarded a Certificate of Excellence”
- “Top (10) Romance in US” – Traveler’s Choice Award (#4 out of 400,000 hotels) – Tripadvisor.com 35MM Reviews January, 2010
- Featured in article by Sarah Kennedy, “Huge Crowds Flood Beaches” –”It’s understood they (Floridians) wanted to stay in Florida and have an inexpensive vacation by going to the beach,” (Gayle Luper) said. Bradenton.com July 6, 2009
- Featured in article by Sarah Kennedy, “Huge Crowds Flood Beaches,” Bradenton.com July 6, 2009
- May 2007 – Anna Maria Island was chosen as one of the Top 5 “hidden affordable beach destinations” according to SmarterTravel.com
- Photos Used By Sarasota and her Island’s and Florida’s Gulf Island’s in showcasing Florida Boutique Hotels to European Travelers. http://floridaboutiquehotels.co.uk/. 2005
- Featured on the “We Love Our Life” Website as a great vacation place. 2005
- email@example.com Travel review newsletter wrote the Bungalow Beach Resort “provided sensational accommodations and exceptional customer service.” in their Feb 8, 2005 newsltter.
- Listed in Florida Off the Beaten Path, 10th: A Guide to Unique Places, By Diana Gleasner & Bill Gleasner November, 2010
- Back roads & Byways of Florida, by Zain Deane June, 2008
- Irresistible Overnights in Florida A Guide to the 203 Most Delightfully Different Places to Stay by Robert Rafferty/Loys Reynolds/Travel Writers 4th edition book, Rutledge Hill Press.
- Written up in Best Places to Stay in Florida 5th & 6th edition by Christine Davidson (September 2000) (an accommodations paperback part of the Best Places Guidebook series published by Houghton Mifflin)
- Irresistible Overnights in Florida A Guide to the 203 Most Delightfully Different Places to Stay by Robert Rafferty/Loys Reynolds/Travel Writers 4th edition book, Rutledge Hill Press
- Selected for: Frommer’s Florida 2001 (September 2000) & Frommer’s Florida from $70 a Day (3rd Edition) & Frommer’s Portable Tampa & St. Petersburg (2nd Edition) , Frommer’s Romantic Getaways (September 2002) by Co-author Bill Goodwin.
- Featured in The Discerning Traveler (Romantic Getaways Book Series) (Linda & David Glockstein) January 2000
- Selected as one of Florida’s finest Inns and listed in their Guidebook 2001: Florida Secrets, Bed & Breakfast & Beyond
Related Hotel Associations
- “White Glove Award” Superior Small Lodging with a Housekeeping score of 100%. Comments: “Has the “ultimate presentation” on bed linens and the comfort that it portrays.” 2010
- “White Glove Award” Superior Small Lodging Overall rating of 98.2% and housekeeping score of 98.2%. Comments: “spacious, light and cherry” January 2008
- Florida’s Gulf Islands, Anna Maria & Longboat Key “Thanks for your participation in the Visit Florida FAM Trip. The Journalists raved about your place”. Bradenton Area Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, Rob Ondo -July 2001
- 1999 Annual Tour for Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce
- Recognized by the State of Florida as a Romantic Getaway! “Everyone was truly impressed with your property. It is adorable!”
Lisa Sloan Visit Florida 05/2000
- “Magical little beachfront gem with old Florida charm and enchanting decor. A romantic ambiance prevails throughout cottage style accommodations that are well equipped with true comfort and relaxed elegance”
Superior Small Lodging Association: J. Scott Anthony, 01/2000.
- 96% ranking by Superior Small Lodging Association in 1999.
- Florida’s Gulf Islands, Anna Maria & Longboat Key “Thanks for your participation in the Visit Florida FAM Trip. The Journalists raved about your place”. Bradenton Area Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, Rob Ondo 07/01
- Tampa Bay 360 – Photo shoot January 2012.
- Linen Source Magazine selected our site for their photo shoot in February, 2008.
- Casual Living Magazine selected our site for their photo shoot in February 2008.
- Orlando Leisure Magazine selected our site for their photo shoot in April 2005.
- Bealls’ Department Stores selected our site for another photo shoot. . Bradenton Herald “Mike Werfel and his assistant Shawn Kooi photograph a group of young models Thursday afternoon behind the Bungalow Beach Resort in Bradenton Beach for an upcoming advertisement for Beall’s department store”. January, 2005
- Pageantry Magazine selected our site for their photo shoot in 2004
- U Magazine selected our site for a photo shoot for the cover of the Magazine in October of 2004.
- Eddie Bauer Catalog selected our site for their Photo Shoot here in 1999.
- Calvin Klein Corporation photo shoot on Beer Can Island, for the new cologne “Truth”. November 2000.
- Venus Swimwear & Body Shop selects our site for their sportswear line photo shoot May 2001.
- “We used your beach for the opening segment (video for Manatee County, Florida) and the cabanas to talk about the great accomodations choices we have on the island and included your new Trip Advisor award. Thanks again for the use of your wonderful little resort”. Kimberly/ Insight Strategies/Bradenton Area Convention & Visitor’s Bureau March, 2010
- “BUILDING A BETTER BROCHURE” – Bradenton Herald – “Just as Pace used the technique to showcase the luxuries of Bungalow Beach Resort in Bradenton Beach, right down to bubble baths with champagne…”. Dec 8, 2002
- “New Tourism Commercial” Bradenton Herald – “Bungalow Beach Resort, owned by Gayle Luper, was among the properties chosen for a new tourism commercial produced by the Bradenton Area Convention … Jan 23, 2002
- Press Release Anna Maria Island Historical Society presented Bungalow Beach Resort as its’ 8th historical marker. “We’re proud of our long history of providing comfortable accommodations to thousands of tourists visiting our little slice of heaven here on Anna Maria Island,” said Gayle Luper, owner of Bungalow Beach Resort. “We’re pleased to be recognized for the historical role we’ve played in the community and look forward to helping drive tourism in the area for many years to come.” July 23, 2009.
- Video shoot for Bungalow Beach Resort for Idearc Trade Association 07/09/2009
- BLOG: “offerings for romantic getaways” – Missy Kavanaugh, Central/Southwest Writer, Florida Write Away, Visit Florida, March, 2009
- Design Source Advertising of Bradenton won Gold awards in the Interactive Web Design category for its work with Bungalow Beach Resort – Sarasota Herald-Tribune/Kudos/Business Weekly –April 14, 2003
- “Just as Pace used the technique (new video) to showcase the luxuries of Bungalow Beach Resort in Bradenton Beach, right down to bubble baths with champagne” – Bradenton Herald – December 8, 2002
- “Small in Size, Big on Charm” ad featuring Bungalow Beach Resort –Super Small Lodging has National Campaign (North American Press Syndication) – Bradenton Area Convention visitor’s Bureau – September 2002
- “Bungalow Beach Resort” owned by Gayle Luper, was among the properties chosen for a new tourism commercial produced by the Bradenton Area Convention & Visitor’s Bureau – January 23, 2002
- Country singer Tracy Byrd filmed a music video for his latest hit, “Just Let Me Be in Love”, at Anna Maria Island’s Bungalow Beach Resort, owned by Gayle Luper –Bradenton Herald – November 11, 2001
- “A Sunday on the beach wraps up the (SEHS) reunion with Gayle Vogel Luper hosting at the Bungalow Beach Resort” – Bradenton Herald – July 18, 2001
- Ranked most popular #1 website for: Florida Resort Hotel. An Ask Jeeves Service, from directhit.com search engine which analysis the sites millions of Internet searches have visited and how much time they spend there.”Thank you so much for the hospitality. You truly do have a wonderful place. I look forward to returning”. Coastal Living Magazine, Steve Millburg, Travel Editor, June, 2001
- Host Hotel for 2000 USA Hockey Inline Championships, USA Hockey, Inc., Colorado Springs, Colorado
- “Quaint, adorable, charming, clean-as-a-whistle, offering small scale comfortable setting for a tropical vacation”. Richard W. Bass Associates, (Planners/Economists/Appraisers) August 1999
There is a channel, beyond the swimming area, that serves as a highway to tarpon, migrating south. If you fish there, in late spring and early summer, you are in store for some heavy duty action.